Medical-LED care treatment
Painless with no side effects, Medical-LED care is an innovative cold light therapy, particularly swift and efficient. This technique improves the aspect of scars, reduces stretch marks, moisturizes the skin in depth, restores elasticity and improves the skin radiance. Face or neck, the range of therapeutic possibilities is very wide. The effects are visible after six to eight sessions of 20 minutes.
> all about LED CARE <
LED stands for “Light Emitting Diode”. This new technology is inspired by NASA’s research on photosynthesis to allow astronauts who injure themselves in space to improve and accelerate the scarring process.
LEDs work by photo-modulation. They emit a monochrome light that has an effect on the skin repair mechanism. Indeed, this light stimulates certain skin cells, the fibroblasts that synthesize collagen and elastin. The LED care treatment will increase the production of cutaneous collagen and elastin, allowing the skin to retain its suppleness, firmness and elasticity. This non-invasive technique still called “skin fitness” in the US is revolutionizing cosmetic anti-aging skin care and treating several skin problems.
The action of the LED depends on the color of the light it emits. Light will penetrate the skin more or less deeply depending on its color. Each color corresponds to a wavelength (figure 1):
Figure 1: Penetration efficiency depending on the emitted LED color
- Red light (630 nm): this color stimulates fibroblasts and collagen production. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin during the healing process. Associated with a photo-sensitizing substance, it has been used for a long time in dynamic phototherapy to treat superficial skin cancers or pre-cancerous lesions.
- Yellow light (590 nm): It works on the blood and lymphatic circulation, hence its draining and detoxifying effect. It also helps the healing process, by regulating destruction phenomena thanks to metalloprotease enzymes.
- Green light (530 nm): it is selectively absorbed by the pigmentary spots, lightening them. This stimulating light also helps to calm stress.
- Blue light (415 nm): it has an antibacterial action at the level of the epidermis, allowing to improve acne problems. The energy delivered by this light also helps to promote healing.
- Cosmetic and anti-aging effects:
The LEDs, especially the yellows and red lights, will make it possible to smooth the skin, to make it firmer and more tonic. Combined with light acid fruit peelings, the LED sessions will give a shine to the complexion, refine the grain of the skin and tighten the dilated pores. The green light will also help to lighten skin spots, in combination with a depigmenting peeling.
- Beneficial effects on cutaneous healing:
An essential complement to any medical or surgical procedure, cosmetic or not. The postsurgical or post-medical LED sessions, make it possible to improve the healing process, thanks to red, yellow and blue lights. The cellular photo-modulation they produce accelerates the healing process and reduces the irritation after a peeling or a dermabrasion.
- Stretch marks attenuation:
The red, yellow and blue LEDs improve the appearance of stretch marks by decreasing their depth and attenuating the skin hyperpigmentation.
- Acne Improvement:
The blue LED activates the porphyrins that release free radicals that are toxic to the acne bacteria. LED sessions improve refractory and rosaceous acnes and reduce the appearance of acne scars.
- Stimulation of the hair regrowth and vitality :
The LED photo-lumination allows to increase the vascularization of the hair bulb, to stimulate the stem cells of the hair dermal papillar, and to promote the absorption and the effectiveness of the vitamins injected by mesotherapy.
- An ideal, simple and painless complement to cosmetic and anti-aging medicine in Switzerland:
There is no contraindication to LED care treatments. All types of skin are indicated: sensitive, tanned, white or black skins.
The panel on which the LEDs are placed, is located a few centimeters from the cutaneous area to be treated (and cleaned in advance). Wearing protective eyewear is mandatory during the procedure. The duration of the session (15 minutes to half an hour), its intensity and the color of light vary according to each therapeutic protocol.
The electroluminescent diode treatment is completely painless. You will rather feel a sensation of diffuse warmth during the session. After the session, you will feel relaxed. LED lamps operate without UV.
Unlike laser or other more invasive treatments, there are no special precautions to follow. There is no risk in sun exposure. The energy delivered only causes a slight redness which will disappear within a few hours. You will be able to resume a normal activity at the end of your session!
Doctor Jean-Charles BAYOL recommends one session per week for 4 to 6 weeks, then one session per month for 4 months, or 8 to 10 sessions for an optimal result. This frequency is indicative and may vary depending on the personalized treatment that has been planned.
The first effects will be visible after 6 to 8 sessions (approximately 2 months). The changes in the skin will be progressive and will continue several months after the treatment, thanks to the collagen and elastin production.